Our Commitment to the Community & Environment
We are committed to our community and environment through the following projects:
- PetPEP – An education program involving teachers and veterinarians aiming to teach primary school children about responsible pet ownership and improve their general understanding of animals. This was developed by the Australian Veterinary Association.
- Work Experience – School children have the opportunity to assist at Gordon Vet Hospital to improve their personal development. We offer placements to students wishing to do work experience and get a feel for working at a vet hospital. Placements are limited. For further information contact email@example.com
- Donations – We donate prizes to various fundraising events including trivia nights for Chatswood Musical Society, Lady Game Community Kindergarten and Roseville Public School
- Duke of Edinburgh – We provide positions for Duke of Edinburgh’s Award participants.
We are proud supporters of the following charities:
- World Society for the Protection of Animals www.wspa.org.au “A global animal welfare association”
- Assistance Dogs Australia www.assistancedogs.org.au “Giving freedom and independence to people with disabilities”
- Australian Companion Animal Health Foundation (Australian Veterinary Association trust fund) ” The ACAHF was formed to fund research projects to further our knowledge of the cause, treatment and prevention of diseases of companion animals.”
- Doggie Rescue www.doggierescue.com “Doggie Rescue is committed to rescuing neglected, abused and abandoned dogs from the death rows of Sydney pounds and finding them loving homes.”
Wildlife services – We provide a free service to wildlife organisations including Sydney Metropolitan Wildlife Services and W.I.R.E.S. Our vets treat over 1000 wildlife cases each year, including on pubilc holidays. These animals include sick and injured possums, bandicoots, birds and reptiles. The service is also offered to the general public free of charge.
Sustainable Practices – We strive to provide veterinary care as low impact as possible. We are proud of our efforts to recycle as much as our waste as possible and we are up to local regulations regarding waste management.