Our in-house laboratory equipment ensures that blood results, cytology (microscopy) and urine tests can be performed and results obtained within the hour. If an animal is unwell, blood & urine testing can be a vital piece of the puzzle in diagnosing the problem. Our on-site laboratory allows a diagnosis to be reached as fast as possible and we do not have to rely on courier pick-ups and external pathology labs to run the tests. Certainly not all veterinary hospitals and not even human GP’s have extensive diagnostic laboratory equipment on-site.
So what laboratory equipment do we have?
- Analysis of red blood cells, white blood cells & platelets.
- Useful in cases of anaemia, blood loss, infection, chronic disease
- Kidney function, liver function, electrolytes, protein levels and diabetes
Emergency Blood-Gas Machine
- Critical care monitoring eg severe tick paralysis, trauma, respiratory problems
- Tests blood clotting ability
- Useful in cases of suspected rat bait poisoning or bleeding abnormalities
- Tests the urine for glucose (diabetes), protein, bacteria (UTI), blood and pH level
- Skin testing, ear swabs, fine needle aspiration (eg lumps, fluid analysis), blood smears
- We are also able to test for Canine Parvovirus, Canine Heartworm Disease, Pancreatitis (CPL), Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV), Feline Leukaemia Virus (FeLV), Ringworm.
- We also have access to the best external laboratories in Australia and carefully choose where to send our external tests so as to receive the best outcomes for your pet.