By Helen Burns | Dated October 26, 2019 | 0 Comments
Whilst many of us will take a paracetamol tablet, or have a cup of coffee without hesitation, these seemingly innocuous agents can be highly toxic when consumed by a dog […]
By Helen Burns | Dated November 14, 2015
Tick paralysis is a common cause of illness and hospitalisation for pets in the Upper North Shore and Northern Beaches in the warmer months. Despite treatment, approximately 5% of animals affected by ticks will die.
Almost all patients that we see for tick paralysis are either not on any form of tick prevention, or have their tick control given incorrectly. Furthermore, areas that previously seemed unaffected by ticks have become populated by possums and bandicoots, so are no longer safe.
Awareness of the preventatives, the signs of tick poisoning and what to do if your pet has a tick are all an important part of ensuring that your pet is safe from the deadly Australian paralysis tick.
Copy the code below: