At Gordon Vet Hospital we pride ourselves on providing top quality care for our patients and their owners. During the COVID-19 pandemic we want to ensure we can continue to provide this level of care with your help without impacting the health of our staff, clients and the greater Ku-Ring-Gai community.
The information below details some of the ways we can help reduce everyone’s exposure and some protocols we have put in place regarding your visit to Gordon Vet Hospital.
While we will do our best to keep this page as accurate as possible, please note this is an incredibly fluid situation and changes are having to be made rapidly.
When planning to come in to the hospital:
- Please alert us if you are in self-isolation or feeling unwell. In the event you cannot have contact with anyone arrange a friend or family member to drop off your pet or advise us if you would like a nurse pick up. If you have driven to the hospital please remain in your car and call us to arrange transfer of your pet.
- If you require over the counter products such as flea, tick or deworming medication or food and would prefer not to come to the hospital we can organise home delivery through our supplier. Call 94983000 to organise this. Please be advised there is a $10 shipping fee for orders under $150.
- We can also send regular medication directly to your home as long as your pet doesn’t require any blood testing or a physical examination prior to dispensing. This will incur a $10 shipping fee for orders under $150.
- Our Sunday hours have changed to 9am – 11am.
Once you have arrived:
- Please do not enter the building if the waiting room looks crowded. Call 94983000 to advise us you have arrived. We are allowing up to 10 pet owners in the building at one time and we will advise you when it is appropriate to enter.
- Maintain 1.5 metres of distance from staff and other visitors and practice safe coughing and sneezing.
- Please minimise the number of people visiting the practice where possible. There should only be one owner/person per pet(s). In the event you are unable to come by yourself we may perform the physical examination while you wait in the car.
- Please wear a mask while in the hospital. If you have forgotten to bring one we will provide one. If you would prefer not to wear a mask or cannot wear a mask due to health reasons we can arrange outdoor consultations.
- Use the hand sanitiser in the waiting area before and after your visit to Gordon Vet Hospital.
- We are avoiding the use of paper receipts. Ensure your email address is up to date with our reception team.
- Please utilise contactless payments with your card or phone or direct debit.