At Gordon Vet Hospital we pride ourselves on providing top quality care for our patients and their owners. During the COVID-19 pandemic we want to ensure we can continue to provide this level of care with your help without impacting the health of our staff, clients and the greater Ku-Ring-Gai community.
The information below details some of the ways we can help reduce everyone’s exposure and some protocols we have put in place regarding your visit to Gordon Vet Hospital.
While we will do our best to keep this page as accurate as possible, please note this is an incredibly fluid situation and changes are having to be made rapidly.
When planning to come in to the clinic:
- Please alert us if you are in self-isolation or feeling unwell. In the event you cannot have contact with anyone arrange a friend or family member to drop off your pet or advise us if you would like a nurse pick up. If you have driven to the clinic please remain in your car and call us to arrange transfer of your pet.
- Please understand that during this time your regular vet may be unavailable for urgent visits or regular rechecks.
- If you require over the counter products such as flea, tick or deworming medication or food we can organise home delivery through our supplier. Call 94983000 to organise this. Please be advised there is a $10 shipping fee for orders under $150.
- We can also send regular medication directly to your home as long as your pet doesn’t require any blood testing or a physical examination prior to dispensing. This will incur a $10 shipping fee for orders under $150.
- We will often have an offsite receptionist who is working from home. Please be patient with them as while they have full access to our software they may not be as quick as staff on site.
- Our Sunday hours are changing to 9am – 11am.
Once you have arrived:
- Please do not enter the building. Call the clinic on 94983000 as you approach and await direction from staff. We have established an outdoor service area.
- Maintain 2 metres of distance from staff and other visitors and practice safe coughing and sneezing.
- Please minimise the number of people visiting the practice where possible. In the event you are unable to come by yourself we may conduct the consultation with the vet over the phone.
- Consultations with veterinarians will be limited to 15 minutes and will occur outdoors. For issues that require a longer conversation we will call you.
- Help yourself to the hand sanitiser in the outside waiting area before and after your visit to Gordon Vet Hospital.
- We are no longer providing paper receipts. Ensure your email address is up to date with our reception team.
- Please utilise contactless payments with your card or phone or use direct debit.