At Gordon Vet Hospital we pride ourselves on providing top quality care for our patients and their owners. During the COVID-19 pandemic we want to ensure we can continue to provide this level of care with your help without impacting the health of our staff, clients and the greater Ku-Ring-Gai community.
The information below details some of the ways we can help reduce everyone’s exposure and some protocols we have put in place regarding your visit to Gordon Vet Hospital.
While we will do our best to keep this page as accurate as possible, please note this is an incredibly fluid situation and changes are having to be made rapidly.
When planning to come in to the hospital:
- Please alert us if you are in self-isolation or feeling unwell. In the event you cannot have contact with anyone arrange a friend or family member to drop off your pet or advise us if you would like a nurse pick up. If you have driven to the hospital please remain in your car and call us to arrange transfer of your pet.
- If you require over the counter products such as flea, tick or deworming medication or food and would prefer not to come to the hospital we can organise home delivery through our supplier. Call 94983000 to organise this. Please be advised there is a $10 shipping fee for orders under $150.
- We can also send regular medication directly to your home as long as your pet doesn’t require any blood testing or a physical examination prior to dispensing. This will incur a $10 shipping fee for orders under $150.
Once you have arrived:
- Please do not enter the building. Wait in your car and call 94983000 and alert us to your arrival and we will come and find you to ensure we adhere to social distancing rules.
- As of 11th October 2021 we are consulting inside the practice if you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not fully vaccinated the vet will come out for an outdoor consultation.
- Please wait in your car or in the marquis in the parking lot while maintaining social distancing prior to your appointment.
- Please check in using the QR codes provided on your arrival in accordance with NSW health regulations.
- Maintain 1.5 metres of distance from staff and other visitors and practice safe coughing and sneezing.
- Only 1 person is allowed in the practice per consultation to adhere to NSW Health Guidelines. This may be modified on compassionate grounds on a case by case basis.
- Please follow NSW Health guidelines for current mask use recommendations as this situation changes very rapidly. As of 11th October masks are required.
- We are avoiding the use of paper receipts. Ensure your email address is up to date with our reception team.
- We prefer contactless payments with your card or phone or direct debit.