At Gordon Vet Hospital we pride ourselves on providing top quality care for our patients and their owners. During the COVID-19 pandemic we want to ensure we can continue to provide this level of care with your help without impacting the health of our staff, clients and the greater Ku-Ring-Gai community.
The information below details some of the ways we can help reduce everyone’s exposure and some protocols we have put in place regarding your visit to Gordon Vet Hospital.
While we will do our best to keep this page as accurate as possible, please note this is an incredibly fluid situation and changes are having to be made rapidly.
When planning to come in to the hospital:
- Please alert us if you are in self-isolation or feeling unwell. In the event you cannot have contact with anyone arrange a friend or family member to drop off your pet or advise us if you would like a nurse pick up. If you have driven to the hospital please remain in your car and call us to arrange transfer of your pet.
- If you require over the counter products such as flea, tick or deworming medication or food and would prefer not to come to the hospital we can organise home delivery through our supplier. Call 94983000 to organise this. Please be advised there is a $10 shipping fee for orders under $150.
- We can also send regular medication directly to your home as long as your pet doesn’t require any blood testing or a physical examination prior to dispensing. This will incur a $10 shipping fee for orders under $150.
- Our Sunday hours are changing to 9am – 11am.
Once you have arrived:
- Please do not enter the building. Call the hospital on 94983000 as you approach and await direction from staff. We are allowing up to 10 pet owners in the building at one time and we will advise you when it is appropriate to enter.
- Maintain 1.5 metres of distance from staff and other visitors and practice safe coughing and sneezing.
- Please minimise the number of people visiting the practice where possible. There should only be one owner/person per pet(s). In the event you are unable to come by yourself we may perform the physical examination while you wait in the car.
- If you have a face mask please wear it while in the hospital. We will not be providing facemasks due to supply issues.
- Face-to-face time with veterinarians will be limited to 15 minutes. For issues that require a longer conversation we will call you.
- Use the hand sanitiser in the waiting area before and after your visit to Gordon Vet Hospital.
- We are no longer providing paper receipts. Ensure your email address is up to date with our reception team.
- Please utilise contactless payments with your card or phone or direct debit.